Chinese Language & Culture summer camp in Beijing (age 8-18) combines language learning, culture activities, and traveling altogether; is packed with unlimited exposure to China and Chinese language, and filled with great fun. It is designed to offer students first-hand experience about Chinese language, deeper understanding about the culture and society, and make connections with local teens. Thousands of students across the U.S. and the globe have attended the program since 2003, and their interest towards Chinese language and ability of using the language have been greatly enhanced from their visits to China with us.
The key program components include:
• Special-designed Chinese language classes are offered 25 hours a week at ALL levels;
• One-on-one daily conversation practice with a local Chinese student to maximize communication skills;
• A wide range of cultural classes and events, such as martial arts, calligraphy, brush painting, Chinese knotting, kite making, Peking opera face painting, engraving, Chinese chess, Chinese music & arts appreciation workshops, and visits to local families;
• Sightseeing to the cultural and historical attractions in the host city, including the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, The Temple of Heaven...
• A culture-enhancing trip to another major city of China, such as Xi'an - home of Terracotta Worriers; Zhengzhou - home of the Shaolin Temple where the Chinese martial arts was born; Shanghai – the symbol of modern China, Inner Mongolia - understand Mongolian custom and tradition, discover the natural beauty and have a lot of fun…
• Exchange sports or social activities with local Chinese students;
• Accommodates parents and sponsors teachers.
Leadership & Service summer camp in Beijing (age 14-18) combines an International Youth Conference (new in 2014) which offers keynote, forums and youth experience sharing, an English-teaching project that could earn up to 80 community service hours (can also be used for CAS or Leadership program), leadership skill training, Chinese language learning, culture activities, sightseeing and traveling altogether. No Chinese background is required. Participants will do team-teaching to a class of Chinese students. This is also a great opportunity for the kids to learn to be more independent, mature, open-minded and develop a sense of responsibility.
Geoff had a wonderful month in China, and had so many great stories, memories and photos to show us. I want to thank you and all the Sino-Language staff, Chinese teachers, and others in China who touched Geoff's life and who made his trip so rewarding. Please let everyone know how appreciative we are.
by Nathan T.
Mill Valley, CA
04/03/2012 - 08:53 pm