YouthCare Summer Camp 2012
Two Locations: Charlestown & Hale Reservation, Westwood!
YouthCare offers a fun-filled seven-week therapeutic day camp for children entering 1st grade through age 15. Each camp day consists of a variety of recreational activities and therapeutic interventions to help children make social connections and maintain positive relationships with peers and staff. Visit our website for details of the program or call us now!
Our program goals are to help our campers:
• Improve self awareness and acceptance of themselves
• Develop pro-social behaviors and language through targeted social coaching
• Learn how to establish friendships by breaking down this complex process into simple steps
• Utilize more effective coping skills for anxiety and depression
• Get opportunities to succeed throughout the summer
Our campers have the cognitive capacity for solid peer connections but who lack the skill set to form these connections. Typical diagnoses include Asperger's Syndrome, or related challenges. Teens and young adults ages 13 and older may be eligible for our Transitions Programs.