Here’s a fun and easy way to keep your holiday or vacation memories alive all year round – and out-front where everyone can enjoy them all the time. Why not cover a bulletin board or picture frame with them? It’s a great way to use some of those extra postcards you didn’t get around to mailing from your trip, and they won’t be stashed away and forgotten in some drawer. This project is so simple you’ll be finished before you realize it, and all ages can participate.
What You Need
• a bulletin board or picture frame to decorate (any size)
• favorite photos and souvenirs (postcards, ticket stubs and other mementos)
• medium-heat glue gun
What You Do
1. Cut up your favorite photos or postcards. Cut some into random and odd shapes to add flair! You can make them almost like puzzle pieces if you like.
2. Position the cut-up shapes on the frame in just the right spots, and glue in place with the glue gun, a few inches’ worth at a time. Let the glue set each time before you proceed.
3. When everything is dry, and you’ve worked your way around the frame, you’re done! Now hang it in a place of honor, and the entire piece becomes a very special vacation memory!
Mary Lyon is the author of The Frazzled Working Woman’s Practical Guide to Motherhood and former host of DIY Crafts TV show.
See a complete list of Crafty Mom projects.