• What is the school’s acceptable use policy (AUP)?
• What are the consequences for improper use of technologies?
• How does the school try to protect students from unacceptable material online?
• What training do students get on Internet use in the following areas: how to find information effectively; what plagiarism is; source credibility; and basic Internet safety training?
• What procedures are in place to make sure the students are not doing too much drifting during working time?
• Where are the Internet-connected computers located? Who gets access to them?
• What kind of training do the teachers have?
• What kind of support is in place?
• Does the school have a Web site? What information is available there?
• Does my child need a computer at home so that he or she can keep up with the projects and assignments at school? What if I don’t have a computer?
Maximizing the Pros and Minimizing the Cons of the Internet Use in Our Schools
From United Parenting Publications. February 2003.