Choose a Story
- Choose a type of story you are comfortable with – sad, funny, with or without sounds
- Keep it short and simple
Learn the Story
- Do not memorize the story word for word. Leave yourself room to be creative.
- Identify the main events and learn the sequence.
- Practice telling the story in your own words
Tell the Story
- Do not speed through the tale; tell it slowly
- Stick to gestures that go with the story
- Don’t be afraid to have characters show emotion (this is the fun part!)
- Meet the eyes of the audience
Don’t worry about being nervous – it’s unavoidable
Return to Tall Tales for Small People