Serve these quick-prep noodles with several sides - like cooked chicken breast, cucumber salad and raw vegetables - and let your children assemble their own bowls. To make the meal even more healthful, use Japanese soba (made of buckwheat) or thin whole-wheat noodles. The sauce is so delicious, most kids won't even notice a sturdier grade of noodle.
- 1/4 cup tahini, almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package thin noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Other vegetables as desired: snow peas, small broccoli florets, thinly sliced red peppers, etc.
- Mix the first seven ingredients until smooth.
- Add to the cooked noodles, and toss gently and thoroughly.
- Serve cold, warm, or at room temperature, with garnish on the side.