Celebrate Adoption Inc. – Includes numerous resources including An Educator’s Guide to Adoption, which has tips on appropriate adoption language.
Perspectives Press – This company publishes books on adoption and infertility and the Web site includes other information.
Books for Children
• How It Feels to be Adopted, by Jill Krementz, Knopf, 1982.
• A Mother for Choco, by Keiko Kasza, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1992.
• Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born, by Jamie Lee Curtis, HarperCollins, 1996.
Books for Parents
• Adoption Is a Family Affair: What Relatives and Friends Must Know, by Patricia Irwin Johnston, Perspectives Press, 2001.
• When Friends Ask About Adoption, by Linda Bothun, Swan Publications, 1987.