• Literacy Online: New Tools for Struggling Readers and Writers, by Julie Wood, Ed.D., Heinemann, 2004.
• Parenting a Struggling Reader, by Susan Hall and Louisa C. Moats, Ed.D., Broadway, 2002.
• See Johnny Read!, by Tracey Wood, McGraw-Hill, 2004.
• Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference in the Early Years, by Susan Hall and Louisa C. Moats, Ed.D., McGraw-Hill, 1998.
On the Web
• LD Online – www.ldonline.org – Offers useful information and links for parents and teachers of struggling readers.
• Learning Disabilities Association of America – www.ldanatl.org – Provides support to people with learning disabilities, their parents, teachers and others.
• Reading Rockets – www.readingrockets.org – Features information about teaching kids to read and helping those who struggle.
• Schwab Learning – www.schwablearning.org – Offers numerous resources to guide parents in helping kids with learning difficulties.
--Collected by Judy Molland
An Action Plan
Help Early On for Your Struggling Reader
Helping Your Struggilng Reader: The Problem
Helping Your Struggling Reader: What You Can Do