· At least two empty milk jugs or liquid laundry detergent containers
· Scissors for kids old enough to cut plastic or for the supervising grown-up
AN>Wash out the containers and then carefully cut away the top of the container leaving the handle and intact. The opening should be big enough to fit a tennis ball.
· To make the game harder, cut a smaller opening or for small children just learning to catch cut a larger opening.
· Make sure there are no rough edges around where the plastic was caught.
· Kids can decorate the scoops with markers if they desire. To play, just toss a ball back and forth and catch it with the scoops.
For kids of all ages: At your next outdoor party, try the game with water balloon.