So how can you help your child stave off motion sickness? The American Automobile Association offers these travel tips:
1. Fill up the gas tank before loading the little ones in a car. Newborns and toddlers are particularly sensitive to exhaust fumes.
2. Give your child a light meal—something low in fat, like cereal or carrot sticks—before leaving. Be sure to take pack plenty of healthy snacks, such as crackers, fruit and juice boxes.
3. Crack open the windows on warmer days. Fresh air can settle an upset tummy.
4. Occupy little ones by playing a favorite sing-along cassette or book on tape.
5. Divert older kids’ attention by playing games such as counting blue cars or spotting out-of-state license plates.
Click here for more family travel tips.