By Sharon Fried Buchalter, Ph.D.
Believe it or not, the majority of people do not know how to solve a problem. A problem requires that someone observe the situation, assess the dynamics, review the resources and then think through viable solutions.
The following coaching tips outline a process for problem solving:
• State the issue in writing.
• Write down each person’s suggested solutions.
• Agree on a resolution to the problems and write it down.
• Write down ways to carry out the solutions.
• Take the action steps outlined in your plan.
• Follow up and evaluate the results of your actions.
Return to Getting Your Relationship Ready for Baby: 8 Secrets Every New Parent Should Know