Nick's Spring Chicken
Cooking chicken thighs with the bone still in makes for better flavor. But, if you prefer boneless thighs, just cut the cooking time by about 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 inch knob of ginger, minced (optional)
- 1 Tbs. of any one of the following: sesame oil, maple syrup or honey
- 4 - 6 "bone-in" chicken thighs
- Marinate the chicken in the first five ingredients for 15 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a roasting pan and arrange the chicken, skin side up, in the pan, along with the marinade.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Then move the chicken to the broiler and broil for about 10 minutes for crispy skin.
- Check the chicken for doneness, either by using a meat thermometer (should be 170 degrees for bone-in parts) or slicing open a thigh and making sure the meat is cooked through.