No matter how old your child is, if you spot any one of the following signs, consult your pediatrician:
• Your child’s eyes flutter quickly from side to side or up and down.
• The eyes are always watery.
• The eyes are always sensitive to light.
• Any change in the eyes from their usual appearance.
• You see white, grayish-white or yellow-colored material in the pupil.
• There is redness in either eye that doesn’t go away after several days.
• There is continued pus or crust in either eye.
• The eyes look crossed, turn out or don’t focus together.
• Your child often rubs either eye.
• Your child often squints.
• Your child often tilts (or turns) his or her head.
• Either eyelid appears to droop.
• Either eye appears to bulge.
More About Kids' Vision
• Common Eye Problems in Kids