By Janet Strassman Perlmutter
These six questions are used as a “screener” to help individuals determine if a professional evaluation is in order.
How often do you …
1. have trouble wrapping up the final details of a project once the challenging parts have been done?
2. have difficulty getting things in order when you have to do a task that requires organization?
3. have problems remembering appointments or obligations?
4. avoid or delay getting started on tasks that require a lot of thought?
5. fidget or squirm with your hands or your feet when you have to sit down for a long time?
6. feel overly active and compelled to do things, like you were driven by a motor?
Devised in 2003 by the World Health Organization, these items represent a short version of the 18 criteria on the Adult Self Report Scale. If you responded “often” to most of these questions, an evaluation by a mental health professional is advised.
Learn more about this topic...