While nothing beats traveling together as a whole family, dads are increasingly opting to take trips alone with their children for a special, bonding experience. What’s it like when Dad is the lone parent on a trip? I talked with several “well-traveled” dads and gathered these tips.
1. Have a plan, but be willing to adjust it to meet the child’s needs.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
3. For inexperienced travelers, look to inclusive resorts or tried-and-true destinations.
4. ALWAYS keep a stocked diaper, snack and/or kids’ activity bag with you.
5. Unplug the BlackBerry, iPhone and laptop.
6. Be patient, and enjoy this special time with your children.
Paul Banas is a freelance writer and the founder of Greatdad.com.