MORRISON & FOERSTER, LLP
Morrison & Foerster, LLP, is a law firm with heart, committed to helping its employees balance work with family, health and financial concerns. Specializing in corporate, labor, tax law and litigation, the firm employs 44 people in its downtown
• Employees who work 28 or more hours a week are eligible for full benefits.
• Company pays 50 percent of the cost of adding dependents onto benefit plans.
• Prenatal and lactation program provides dedicated “mothers’ room” plus additional resources for nursing mothers.
• Company contributes 5 percent of employee’s annual compensation to 401(k) plan after 1,000 hours of service.
• The firm matches employees’ charitable giving through Morrison & Foerster Foundation.
To that end, flextime is available and part-time employees who work 28 hours a week or more are eligible for full benefits. Backup childcare when a child is sick is offered through an in-home service called Caregivers on Call.
A generous health insurance plan includes medical, dental and vision care and offers a multitude of choices including PPO, HMO and indemnity programs. A prenatal and lactation program provides a dedicated “mothers’ room” in the office, reimbursement for breast pump purchases and 24-hour telephone consultations with certified lactation experts.
Morrison & Foerster contributes 5 percent of qualifying employees’ annual total compensation to their 401(k) accounts – regardless of whether the employee contributes. The Joe Terraciano Scholarship Program provides up to $8,000 annually to outstanding children of support staff.
The firm encourages its employees to be active in the community, providing an annual company-paid community service day and matching employees’ donations to qualified charities. “Morrison & Foerster believes that happy and satisfied people will stay and put forth the efforts to make this the wonderful firm that it is,” Soukup says.
– Eliza Cross