By Christina Elston
With spring in the air, so, too, is allergy season. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology actually recommends spending spring break at the beach (because of the low pollen counts there)! Here are a few other strategies for weathering the season of itchy eyes and sneezing:
- Close windows at night to keep pollen and mold out of your home.
- Stay indoors in the early morning, on windy days and when pollen reports are high.
- Keep car windows rolled up when driving.
- Don't ask kids with allergies to help with yard work.
- Don't over water indoor plants, as this encourages mold growth.