8 Weeks Pregnant and Always Hungry
Q: I'm eight weeks pregnant and hungry all the time! I want to satisfy my appetite but I don't want to gain too much weight. Any suggestions?
A: Eating five to six mini-meals per day may be the key to satisfying your hunger without overdoing it on the calories. The mini-meals will more likely make it easier for you to meet your pregnancy nutritional needs than if you were to simply snack your way through the day.
Here's a sample menu:
- Breakfast: A bowl of cereal with sliced bananas and milk
- Midmorning: Celery with peanut butter
- Lunch: Baked potato with cottage cheese
- Mid afternoon: Vanilla yogurt with sliced fresh strawberries
- Dinner: Green salad with grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, green peppers. Spaghetti and meatballs.
- Dessert: Pudding or small orange.
Linda G. Hsieh is a practicing registered dietitian with over six years experience in clinical practice. Focusing on prenatal and pediatric nutrition, she has worked as a nutrition educator for over nine years.
The content on these pages is provided as general information only and should not be substituted for the advice of your physician.
© Studio One Networks