Featured Sponsors | Check out our digital magazine!
To Become a Featured Sponsor - call 888-224-7026
Ten Teen Dating Tips
· Talk with them about relationships and dating before they actually start to date. It will be easier to keep the dialogue open if you've already established this rapport.
· Set the rules before dating actually starts. And gather their opinions about such things as curfew and readiness to ride the bus.
· Learn about their dating readiness by asking leading questions. Some suggestions: How do you know you can trust someone? How do you know when you like someone? What's the difference between lust and love?
· Know when to listen and keep your opinions to yourself. An ill-timed negative comment about the current boyfriend or girlfriend, could send your contrary teen rushing into their arms.
· Offer your own teen dating stories, at a time when your child is receptive to hearing them. And be truthful. Let your child learn from your mistakes.