Featured Sponsors | Check out our digital magazine!
To Become a Featured Sponsor - call 888-224-7026
Healthy Updates For Your Child's Lunch Box
Quick Tips for kid-friendly lunch boxes:
- Try freezing a carton of shelf safe milk the night before, so it will be just the right temperature when it’s lunchtime.
- Dips are fun at lunch. Baby carrots with hummus. Celery sticks in peanut butter. Apples in fruit yogurt. Pretzels in cheese dip. Yum!
- Let kids select their own lunch box. Bento boxes are fun, with lots of little compartments for different healthy treats.
- Kids will be running faster on the playground when well fueled. Make sure their lunch is protein-packed!
- For the super picky eater, try putting cereal in their lunch box, along with a carton of shelf safe milk and some fruit. It’s breakfast for lunch!
- Make lunches colorful to attract attention. Like wraps with red or green flatbreads, filled with colorful veggies and cheese.
- Every now and then, tuck a note or a silly cartoon in kids’ lunch boxes to make them smile.
- Use a large cookie cutter to make sandwiches into fun shapes. Or cut into bite sized squares to be eaten with a toothpick.
- Include fresh fruits for desserts. Add some protein by packing some Greek yogurt.
- Consider using fruit and veggie squeeze packs for your kids lunchboxes. Many kids love them, and they provide great nutrition from fruits and vegetables. We like Plum Organics.
- Throw in something crazy every now and then. A fun size candy bar or other treat is perfectly fine from time to time, and your child will love finding a fun surprise.